We are happy to be offering YTT 200 & YTT 500
200 YTT Yoga Alliance Approved / Starts Jan 2017
with Katherine Conte, Kim Chandler & Janne Sahady
FREE INFO session Oct 1, 10-11:00 at Innerlight
500 YTT Yoga Alliance Approved/ Starts October 2016
w/ Mary Pat Murphy, Katherine Conte, Kim Chandler & Janne Sahady
FREE Info session Sept 18 6:00-7:30 Innerlight Yoga, Middletown RI
for YTT 500 info, please go to: Innerlight
Yoga Teacher Training 200
We are excited to announce the 2017 Innerlight/Focus Yoga
Teacher Training, an 11 weekend format. Two exceptional training programs coming together for an rich and diverse learning experience!
Our training provides a comprehensive foundation in asana alignment and anatomy, pranayama, meditation, yoga philosophy, teaching methodology, energetics, and professional ethics. The core study is
classical hatha yoga. The program includes progressive teaching
practicums and personal mentoring so that graduates leave with
abundant and meaningful knowledge and experience. Our faculty’s personal approach helps trainees develop their unique voice and special interests as a teacher. Program graduates are ready to begin their yoga teaching career with confidence.
The Innerlight/Focus Yoga Training exceeds the 200 hour YTT
requirements. The curriculum is thoughtfully designed to present
the different components of teaching yoga in relation to each other
and to everyday life. Asana, pranayama, philosophy, and anatomy
will be taught as an integrated experience that allows trainees to
gradually comprehend the rich and deep system that is yoga.
We encourage growth and self development. Graduates continually express how life changing the Innerlight/Focus Yoga training experience has been.
Innerlight/Focus YTT Faculty:
Kim Chandler, founder Innerlight Yoga
Janna Sahady, founder Yanna Yoga
Katherine Conte, founder Focus Yoga
Innerlight/focus YTT PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
– Our co-directors offer rich and diverse knowledge and expertise, combining over 60 years of yoga teaching and experience among them. This expert faculty offers an exceptional, multi-dimensional perspective on yogic practices and teaching.
– The curriculum is seamlessly woven into an integrated whole.Each area of study is developed to connect to what is relevant to the student’s experience and practical to teaching.
– Trainees begin teaching from the start of the program. This builds confidence and comfort in the teaching role and allows the material to come alive. Trainees develop classes, starting with a five-minute class.
– Trainees receive ongoing personalized mentoring, feedback, direction, and support.
– Most importantly, with guidance and keen observation from the faculty, trainees discover and develop a unique voice, teaching style and special gifts.
– Graduates are ready to teach in a wide variety of settings and to various populations.
– The teacher training includes a seva project or independent study in which trainees develop a level of expertise in an area of interest through research, practice and teaching. Specific population have included: children, the elderly, sailors, pregnant women, cancer recovery, athletes….Trainees graduate with a strong basic foundation and experience of their choice.
Our teaching style is experientially based. We learn by discussion, reading, demonstration, and other techniques, and then reinforce the lessons by applying what we have just learned. Each weekend builds on the knowledge and experience gained in the weekends before as well as in home practice and homework. Assignments between weekends deepen the experience and begin the process of life-long learning.
– Practice of more than 50 yoga asanas including all categories of asana
– Analysis of asanas, including principles of alignment, benefits,
precautions, contra-indications, and modifications, including pre-natal
– NEW! Meridian Yoga
– Pranayama practice and techniques
– Mindfulness and other meditation techniques
– Sanskrit chants
– Anatomy and physiology
– Yogic philosophy and psychology, including study of Pantanjali’s Yoga Sutras, yamas and niyamas, the Bhagavad Gita, the history of yoga, k0shas, and chakras
– Teaching methodology, including relationship with yoga students, planning a yoga class, sequencing of poses, teacher demonstrations , hands-on assists, the use of language in a yoga class, creating context and larger meaning for students, and professional ethics
– Restorative and partner yoga
– Teaching practicum’s
– Personalized mentoring
– Dedicated yoga practice of at least 2 years
(class or home practice, multiple times per week)
– Strong desire to learn more about yourself
– Sound health
– Recommendation from a yoga teacher
– Commitment to attend all teacher training sessions
– Commitment to daily practice during teacher training
– Commitment to do homework between weekend sessions
Note: Many people who participate in Innerlight/Focus Teacher Training are not advanced yoga students, but have a sincere longing to deepen their understanding of yoga for personal enrichment
2017 Training Dates: Meets Saturday 11:00am-5pm and Sundays, 9:30am-5:30pm at Innerlight.
2017 Dates to be announced
Certification will be awarded to participants who fulfill all requirements to the satisfaction of program director and upon overall assessment of trainee’s level of knowledge and practical application of material.
Requirements for Certification
Certification is dependent upon completion of all requirements to the satisfaction of the faculty. Attendance at all training sessions is mandatory. Completion of homework assignments, projects, teaching practicums, and passing a written test on Sanskrit terms are required. One class per week either at Focus Yoga or Innerlight is required as part of the training hours. (a total of 30 classes to be complete by May 1). Classes are held Wednesdays, 6:00 at focus yoga or Tuesdays 5:30 at Innerlight. Students attending from out of state can make arrangements for a local class. (Please note these classes are not included in tuition.)
Non refundable Application Fee $50, must accompany application and is not included in tuition.
Tuition for the Innerlight/Focus Training:
– $2700 early-bird registration paid in full by Nov 1, 2016 –
$2800 after November 1.
– The tuition fee includes the Training Manual. (Does not include reading materials, props, food, lodging, or weekly required class.)
$50 registration fee, non-refundable
– check to Innerlight Center for Yoga
– Visa or Master Card.
– Tuition is fully refunded if an application is not accepted for any reason. Application fee is non refundable.
Payment Plans available:
Ten monthly payments of $290, first payment due with application, second payment at program start followed by remaining eight payments Feb 1, March 1, April 1, May 1, June 1, July 1, Aug 1, Sept 1.
Six payments of $480, first payment due with application, second payment at program start, then March 1, May 1, July 1, Sept 1. Payment plan requires a credit card on file, the card is auto charged.
Until course start 100% refund of tuition.
After course start: No refund is available.
Registration & Payment:
Please complete and submit registration form & $50 non-refundable deposit to:
63 cedar avenue, 10, east greenwich, ri 02818
Please note, you have the option to pay for tuition in
monthly installments (ask for details). Contact us with any questions
email@example.com or call Katherine at 410-354-9112.
We hope you will take this step to deepen your practice with us this fall.